Corporate blogging offers a unique platform that can be used to engage the target market. The organization can exploit this channel in order to gain an understanding of its customers. Furthermore, blogging grants the organization the ideal opportunity to be perceived as an expert or ‘thought leader in the industry. Relevant and new content originating from the organization has the ability of giving people a reason for returning to the site. In addition, blogs compared with the official company PR and press releases have the capacity of drawing the attention of more people.
Features and functions:
In order to serve its purpose, the corporate blog needs to capture several features and functions:
• Menu: This should include the ‘About us’ and ‘Home’.
• Search features: To access articles posted on the site.
• Subscription on the top menu, right side: To be performed through Email and RSS feed.
• Two text boxes: The boxes can be featured on the right panel; they should include a description of the company and clients.
• Social sharing & follow buttons: The Facebook share/ Re-tweet button on your website and emails facilitates an important Avenue for communicating and building relationships with customers.
• Multi user: This allows for several readers to add posts in the company blog.
An effective corporate blog:
The purpose of a corporate blog is to compliment its channels of communication and marketing strategies. The corporate blog should be a platform, through which the organization achieves its goal, including:
1. Branding: Organizations are discovering a new channel of marketing through blogs. Many have discovered blogs offer a voice and personality that is necessary for realizing a larger customer base. As a result, many are transforming blogs into brand elements.
2. Thought leadership: It is important to learn how to develop and to post relevant content- in order to develop blogger relations. By doing so, readers and other bloggers will recognize your expertise; they will thus be willing to engage the company in many ways.
3. Enhances customer relations: The majority of persons seek to engage companies on a more personalized level- with every given opportunity. Engaging customers online is an important way of keeping the conversation going and developing loyal customers.
4. Recruit customer evangelists: Corporate blogging grants the organization the ideal platform for locating both critics and influencers. The organization can benefit substantially by offering the influencers more attention by asking them to comment and to make contributions on various issues. Responding to the comments made by critics, the best way possible, offers the company an opportunity to present its best face- this has the potential of winning them over.
5. E-Commerce: Corporate blogging opens up a new forum where customers shop more. According to market research, blog readers are more likely to purchase product/ services online. Furthermore, they are more likely to spend more compared to average customers.
6. PR tool: Corporate blogging offers the ideal platform through which it can create relationship, respond on specific comments and introduce new products. The organization can create a window through which the target market can observe the personality and culture of the organization.